For all of the grilling foodies out there just waiting for summer, let’s look at upcoming ideas that are perfect for a friend or family event.
- Time to bring the cast-iron skillet outdoors to make a starter recipe of Skillet Spinach-Artichoke Dip With Fire-Roasted Bread. Be sure to make plenty as this is a crowd-pleaser.
- Instead of the run of the mill hot dogs, try cooking sweet or spicy Italian sausages or bratwurst on the grill. Offer a variety of toppings that include sauerkraut, relish, and salsa. Don’t forget the mustard.
- While the cast iron is being used on the grill, think about grilling up some barbecue beans giving them a sweet, tangy, smokey flavor. Using honey with molasses is the old fashion way Grandma used to season them. Adding flaked red pepper will add a touch of heat.
- When the grill comes out this summer, the crowd may be craving a grilled hamburger to start the summer season. To make this classic a bit tastier, glaze the burger on both sides with Worcestershire sauce while cooking. Add cheese on the last flip for a masterpiece.
- As a topper for grilled sausage or hot dogs, this smoky horseradish slaw is a natural addition. Made with red cabbage, wine vinegar, mustard, as well as horseradish, this grilled slaw will wake up the flavors of anything it is combined with.
- Wanting some seafood? Think of grilled salmon on a cedar plank dripping in a honey and ginger sauce served with avocado salsa. Grill some pita bread and make a salad to round out a delightful summer dish.
- Be sure to soak the wood skewers before grilling these Greek chicken delights. The secret is in the creamy yogurt-based sauce. This dish can be served as a starter or a part of the main course. The skewers are great with pita bread and hummus. If you need a dish in a hurry, these skewers time out at around 30 minutes start to finish.
- If something sweet is needed to round out the meal, don’t close down the grill just yet. Cut fresh peaches in half and throw them on the grill. Serve with a biscuit and vanilla ice cream. For full recipes, click here.