Having a fondue party may be fun to try. There are numerous advantages, including interactivity and the fact that it can be tailored to the tastes of the hosts and guests. Another bonus for fondue is that most of the prep work can be done in advance, relieving stress and allowing more enjoyment during the event.
What Is Fondue?
Fondue is a style of eating that involves using forks or other skewers to dip small pieces of food into hot dipping pots. There are three types of fondue to choose from:
- Melted cheese for dipping pieces of bread
- Melted chocolate for dipping pieces of cake
- Hot oil or broth for dipping pieces of meat
To plan a fondue party, it’s important to know which option will be served to solidify the menu and help with preparations. Meats, bread, or cakes can be cut into small pieces for dipping, and cheeses and chocolates can be shredded or grated in advance for heating.
Tips For A Successful Fondue Party
Some ways to ensure a great event include:
- Setting the table with easy to clean fabrics
- Making sure to have enough pots for each type of fondue
- Giving guests individual dipping bowls for meats
- Ensuring the accompanying drinks complement the fondue flavors
- Giving guests the option to dip their fondue and eat it with separate utensils and dinner plates
Cheese fondue is what most people think of when imagining a fondue. There are numerous cheeses to try, such as Bleu cheese, Swiss cheese, or even Velveeta. Cheese can be mixed and matched with different types of bread that complement the flavors.
Meat fondue is an Asian twist on the traditional version. Beef, pork, and chicken are common options. What type of broth or oil that’s used for cooking gives different flavor experiences to the dish. It’s recommended pork be cooked in oil. Beef, chicken, and seafood can be cooked in broth or oil.
Chocolate fondue can use white, milk, or dark options. Things to dip in chocolate include fruits, marshmallows, or small pieces of cake. A sweet chocolate fondue is a great dessert option.
Experiencing a fondue party is something people will remember. It’s easy to plan a good one with preparation.